The notice explains the following:
- Protecting the Confidentiality and Security of Consumer Information
- Types of Information We Have About You and From Where It Comes
- Sharing Information with Affiliated Companies
- Sharing Information for Legal, Business, and Joint Marketing Purposes.
PROTECTING CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF CONSUMER INFORMATION
We take seriously our responsibility to respect the confidentiality and security of non-public, personal information - called "Consumer Information" in this notice. Our policy calls for safeguards to protect Consumer Information from unauthorized access, alteration, and destruction. For example, our policies authorize access to Consumer Information only by those who need access to do their work. The same holds true for our affiliated companies, which are companies that, now or in the future, we own (or control), or are owned (or controlled) by, or are under common ownership (or control) with. We also may maintain, as required by applicable federal regulations, physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your non-public, personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect and use in information about you from various sources. The amount and nature of the information collected and used varies from transaction to transaction, but the information can include the information described in the following five types:
1. Information from you. Information you provide us on applications, other forms, and by other means, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, income, and debt;
2. Information from our experience and our affiliated companies' experiences. Information about your transactions and account experience with us or our affiliated companies, such as parties to transactions, contract or lease balances, payment history, and communications and correspondence;
3. Information from the experience of other parties. Information from other outside sources regarding their employment, credit and other relationships, account experience, or transactions with your, or verifying representations made by you, such as your employment history, credit balances, or your property or liability insurance coverage;
4. Information from credit reports. Information supplied by consumer reporting agencies, such as information regarding creditworthiness or credit history;
5. Other general information. Other general information we obtain about you (such as demographic information) that is not assembled for the purpose of determining your eligibility for credit, insurance, employment, or other products or services.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH AFFILIATED COMPANIES
We may disclose to our affiliated companies all of the information we collect about you, as described in each of the five categories above. Our affiliated companies can be financial service providers, such as leasing companies, insurance companies and payment processing companies and non-financial companies, such as automotive repair facilities and data processing companies. This sharing permits us to give you superior service, make a wider range of products available, and operate our business more effectively. We do not share information with non-affiliated third parties, other than described below under "Sharing Information for Legal and Routine Business Reasons and for Joint Marketing." Where they apply, we observe limits and restrictions set by law as to sharing certain kinds of information with our affiliates. For example, unless you authorize the sharing, we do not disclose creditworthiness information about you from credit reports.
SHARING INFORMATION FOR LEGAL AND GENERAL BUSINESS REASONS AND FOR JOINT MARKETING
We may disclose any of the above five types of Consumer Information to credit bureaus and similar organizations, and otherwise, when permitted by law. For example, this may include a disclosure in connection with a subpoena or similar legal process, a fraud investigation, recording motor vehicle registration and other documents in public records, an audit or examination, or the sale of your account to another financial institution. We may also share any of the above five types of Consumer Information outside our affiliated companies, if we have your consent, such as when you have requested to be contacted by other companies with whom we work. We may also share all five types of Consumer Information above with companies that work for us, possibly including some of our own affiliated companies, to perform services for us or functions on our behalf. These companies may include financial service providers, such as banks, finance companies, insurance companies, check guarantee companies, and payment processing companies, and non-financial companies, such as automobile manufacturers and data processing companies, and other organizations, such as not-for-profit organizations that might provide educational, training, or certification services to business, such as ours. We may share any of the five types of Consumer Information above with companies that work for us to provide marketing and other services or with financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements, such as banks or financing divisions of motor vehicle manufacturers. These companies act on our behalf and, within the time required by law, will be required by our policy to be contractually obligated to keep the information that we provide them confidential and to use the information only to provide the services we have asked them to perform for you or us.
This site is being monitored by third-party monitoring software, and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service. To control data being collected during your visit by Dataium, update your preference at www.dataium.com/consumers.
Privacy Notice for Users that Submit Finance Applications Through This Site